Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 17:37:32 GMT
This is straight from the Monsanto employee manual:
http://www.monsanto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/Code-of-Business-Conduct-PDFs/code_of_conduct_english.pdf
...note that this is on Monsanto's site, and is not a 'leaked' document of dubious origin.  I did my best to avoid distorting anything by quoting out of context, while trying to only quote some notable parts....nothing surprising, but nothing to make one think that there is "transparency" when dealing with company employees.

deknow

"...Confidential proprietary information generated and gathered in our busines is a valuable Company asset.  Protecting this information plays a vital role in our continued growth and ability to compete, and all propretary information should be maintained in strcict confidnece, excepet when disclosure is authorized by Monsanto or otherwise legally required.
Proprietary information includes all non-public information that might be useful to competitors or investors or which could be harmful to Monsant or its customers is disclosed..."
"As it is not always easy to identify what is intellectual property or confidential information, employees should always treat all materials as confidnetial until an appropriate Monsanto representative ahs indicated otherwise.  Unauthorized use or distribution of confidential information violates Company policy and could result in disciplinary actions.  It could also be illegal and result in civil or even criminal penalties."
"An employee's obligation to protect Monsanto's proprietary and confidential information continues even after he or she leaves Monsanto..."