From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:14:00 -0500
Greetings all,
     I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered here.  The first
question is, last week, I bought a package of TM-25 from our local feed
store.  The expiration date on the package was 3-03.  I got it home, and
opened it.  It was not the cheery yellow color that my previous package had
been.  It was a tan colored powder.  Someone once told me if it wasn't the
yellow color, take it back cause it was no good.  Off I trudged to the
feedstore and exchanged it for another.  Same expiration date as the last,
and it was tan color!  Feed store manager assured me that it was okay, and
that the color didn't matter.  Not satisfied, I visited another supplier,
and got a package that expired on 2-03.  It too was tan color.  Does the
color indicate effectiveness of the product?
     Second question is, has anyone else ever noticed that dusting the bees
with TM-25 and powdered sugar causes dysentery in the bees?  3 hives have
become badly spotted since I began terramyacin treatment.  Don't know if
that was the cause, or if it is just a buildup of old droppings because we
haven't had a good rain in over a month.  Any help with these questions is
definitely appreciated.  Thanks!
Scott Moser