Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:53:54 -0400
At 10/26/01 12:00 AM, you wrote:
>Given the continuous use of sugar syrup will eventually lower the immune system of the bees,and be subjected to all kinds of disease,and much of are problem arises from this very fact.

A while back we were admonished to separate fact from opinion. Here is a perfect example of a person's opinion being pushed as a fact. I have *never* seen any study linking the feeding of sugar to *any* ill effect and it is my *opinion* that bees do perfectly well on it. The nutritional requirements of adult bees are minimal; the raising of brood requires natural pollen stores. Where do you get your information about the immune system of honey bees?

Peter Borst
Ithaca NY  USA