From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:27:44 -0400
Silencing Viral Genes

Beeologics' solution - Remebee - utilizes a mechanism called RNA
interference (RNAi, also known as gene silencing) to hinder or inhibit
gene expression. "The technology is based on naturally occurring
biological agents. Conceptually, we're introducing the factor that
prompts the silencing response," said Nitzan Paldi, the CTO at
Beeologics.

"We didn't invent gene silencing. However, as far as we know we are
among the first to use it commercially on non-humans."

Ben-Chanoch hopes that Remebee will just be the start for Beeologics.
The businessman who founded GreenOvation Labs, a Florida-based
business accelerator for innovative biotech technologies in 2007,
hopes the company will become the 'go to' company for bee health.