From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:46:15 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/00 10:13:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> What if no queen exists?  Of course the bees will try to make one.  Correct?

   Yes. Giving a hive a frame with eggs is a good test of queenlessness. If
they don't have a queen in the making, they will draw cells.

>  What I don't understand is why you want to add broad.  Won't a new mated
> queen lay eggs.

   The sealed brood provides hatching young bees to take care of the queen.
Old bees tend to kill an introduced queen, or at least they don't take good
care of her.

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com