From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:36:19 -0700
All this bad press and talk about Apistan and how it is failing to control
V. mites has prompted Zoecon the infamous to offer a new program for
beekeepers announced to a selected few with a slick post card from their
advertising agency. (GOD protect us all from those with such talents wasted
on projects like this when they could be out doing good works like
promoting HONEY instead of feeding off its good will and that of people who
keep bees.)

Following in the shadow of General Mills "Save the Bees" rip off box top
offer comes the Apistan "Hive To Honey with Apistan" and  ZOECON's big big
bigger cash rebate program of $ 00.05 cash.Yep the big five, five cents a
strip but only to those who buy a minimum 600 strips or more, limited to
one person, who buys the 600 or more strips on the same day. WOW a big
$30.00 discount paid for by all those who don't buy 600 or more strips at
one time every day.

Here's your friendly dusty company who's selling you all a product that may
not work but costing you $5.00 or more per hive per year and they are going
to give a big nickle of that to some big bad commercial beekeeper who more
then likely is the reason you have varroa mites in the first place and you
should bee happy in your work.

What a deal, we all should feel a lot better now that our bees are living
better through chemistry and reserve a special place for ZOECON and all
dusty chemical sales man or woman in the next life. At the same time we
should be trying alternatives as if nothing else by their use we are
monitoring our hives better to see if they work and sending a message to
those who would regulate us and their chemical company partners.

Give us a break ZOECON, WELMARK International or what ever you call
yourselves today. Some of us know a little about the cost of things and you
have lived up to your name, WELLMARK and we bee keepers have been the
"mark". Maybe a 20% or 30% reduction in price across the board would better
match the reduction in efficacy of your product.

ttul, the OLd Drone

Final Solution to V. mites @
http://beenet.com/mites/killem.htm

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!