From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:05:19 -0500
> Were this any other situation i can not imagine a scene of these supposed
> crimes of colony losses not yielding the weapon (smoking gun).

Might I mention that the "crime scenes" are still being investigated,
and that the "CSI guys" are not yet done their work?

And while we are on this metaphor, who sez we have only a single "smoking
gun"?
I, for one, don't see gunmen behind EVERY grassy knoll, but neither am I
going
to assume a "lone gunman".

> There is no consistant toxicology,

Give them time to sort it all out.

> vauge mention to remove old combs,

This is a long-standing advisory.  Anyone with even half a clue
has been doing this for more than a decade now.  I have not heard
any such suggestion mentioned as a way to prevent/defeat CCD, but
it certainly can't hurt, now can it?

> yet there is no factor, or cause found.

Again, give them time to sort it all out.

> I think it is time to examine the motives at this point.  At least with
> bird-flu they have an influenza, we are being told there is a disease,
> or poison that is so stealth it leaves no clues one event to the next.

I think it would be more accurate to say that there is an over-abundance
of "clues", and slogging through them all is what is taking so long.

> Either the investigation is missing the obvious, or this is an
> improperly identified random event with no common factors outside
> of the victims.

Another possibility is that the investigation is simply taking longer
than you'd like, and your impatience is showing.

> Mr. Purvis may not have it all together, but i agree it is time
> to look at what we have been told thus far.

Well, what has been said to date has been admitted to be highly
speculative and preliminary in nature, so the odds of any analysis
of these very tentative statements yielding anything useful is about
as likely as the chances of a dog urinating a faithful copy of
the Mona Lisa into a snow bank.  :)

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *