From:
Jim Glackin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:07:16 -0700
Hello All,
I wonder if anyone has had experience with having an observation hive at a county fair where the bees have the ability to leave and return to the hive.  I'm thinking of setting up a hive that would have a tube that would allow them to enter and exit through the roof of the building.  Is this a crazy idea?  I think if would be great to allow people to see foragers returning with pollen and nectar but I'm worried about bee stings, etc.  Any insight or advice would be appreciated.
Jim Glackin