Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 10:46:32 +0200
> >In Australia there are parks where Apiaries are set out as part of the
> >recreational activities there. Apparently bee forage is planted all around.

> j h & e mcadam wrote:

I discovered the relevant article subsequently:

Australasian Beekeeper January 1995! BEE GARDEN OPENS

"Bee Gardens have a long tradition. Formerly the domain of the private beekeeper
they are now also public and club property. North Shore Beekeeper's Association
Bee Garden open. ... adjacent to the local golf course"

One quote: "Needless to say a very  high fence with fine mesh protects bees and
workers from the odd stray ball."

 Robert Post