From:
Ken Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:28:16 -0600
Experience no. But, I can point to a resource and add a few notes. I
recently read a book on the Orchard Mason Bee (The Orchard Mason Bee) by
Brian L. Griffin and was totally fascinated. The book is excellent. This
solitary yet gregarious bee (Osmia lignaria) can be "easily" propagated by
either purchasing hibernating bees from a supplier or you can set-up a
habitat and hope for the locals (if you have any).

Recently, I purchased a few nesting tubes (containing hibernating bees),
drilled a few wood blocks (for habitat) and would be happy to report on
activities this April through June (the bee's active period).

Brian's company is Knox Cellars and his website is www.knoxcellars.com

Ken Haller