From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 1995 16:15:23 -0600
On Tue, 9 May 1995, Kerry Clark 784-2225 fax (604) 784 2299 wrote:

>    I noticed beside the article on ANP combs (ABJ Feb 91, p 119 (which
>    indicate a reduction in varroa reproduction when using larger diameter
>    worker cells), an ad. for small cell size foundation by Dadant,
>    referring to USDA research from Tucson, that a small cell size may be
>    effective in controlling parasitic mites.
>
>    I had not heard of this research. Does anyone know the basis for the
>    statement?

Yahoo!  I KNEW I shouldn't follow all that wise advice to renew my combs.
Those old dark combs in my brood chambers already have a small calibre.

;-)

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
Futures, Art & Honey:http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka