From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:30:00 EDT
  Many of you know that I am trying to get images of flowers and pollinators.
Many of these can be found at    <A
HREF="http://pollinator.com/gallery/gallery.htm">
http://pollinator.com/gallery/gallery.htm</A>    though I am taking pictures
faster than I can get them up on the web page.  We are also adding some movie
clips.

   It is no easy task to get the bees to smile and pose for the camera.
Honeybees are the easiest, as they tend to ignore you. But they move on, and
often when the shutter clicks, you only have a flower in view. Other
bees/insects are downright spooky, and won't let you within ten feet of them.
Add to this the tendency of the flowers to wave around in the breeze, going
in and out of focus.  I now have a real appreciation of what it takes to get
good photos of bees and other pollinators.

   I have discovered a master at what I am just beginning to learn. Y'all GOT
to go see the AWESOME images that Dr. Heinz Schneider has posted on his
website:
Botanical Image Database:  http://www.unibas.ch/botimage/

   Go to the pollinator section and check it out!  Don't be in a hurry, you
may be browsing all evening here. There's almost 300 high quality pollinator
images.

   I just had to give a bow to the work of a master.  And it's so nice that
he is sharing it with us on the web.

Dave Green   SC   USA