From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:42:30 -0500
Peter Edwards wrote:
> [...]
seems to show that the experiences of one generation can indeed be transmitted not just to the next generation, but to subsequent generations. <<<<<
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/ghostgenes.shtml

I took the liberty of changing the title of the thread. If this isn't an exciting thread I'll eat my hat. I had heard something of this and mentioned it on Nov 1. I expected a small stir but no one took the bait. This is perhaps the most exciting advance of knowledge in a century. It may still be discredited but if it isn't ... what does it add to the mix and how will it affect our bees.

The first thing I can think of is the trauma that an A.I. queen goes through. Knocked out by gas and deprived of natural mating may leave scars. BUT, these scars may be expressed in her daughter queens. And granddaughters.

This is big.

Dick Marron