From:
Bill Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 15:36:12 -0400
Kerry Clark wonders about the Maryland legality of ETO for sterilzing
AFB-contaminated equipment.

Since the agency doing the work is the Maryland Department of Agriculture
(and they own the chamber), I would consider it highly unlikely that they are
doing anything illegal under U.S. or state law.  Everyone I know (including
myself) who has used the chamber has reported good results.

If there is general interest in the process, I will try to get our State's
Chief Apiary Inspector to write a few words on ETO fumigation, which I can
then post.  But, according to Kerry, it appears that what our Canadian
friends need to know about the ETO process is that it's illegal for them.  Be
thankful you have Formic Acid for mites (we don't).

W. G. Miller
Gaithersburg, MD
Gathersburg, MD