Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:00:58 -0500
Inger,

Try these sites:

http://www.mearns.org.uk/mrssmith/bees/flowerlist.htm

http://bee.airoot.com/beeculture/book/

I've also got a book by British beekeeper Owen Myer with a fairly detailed
list of nectar plants.  Most of it is valid here in the Northeast U.S. as
well, although the dates are a bit off.  Some that are listed as minor flows
are quite major here (like goldenrod) and vice versa.   * denotes pollen
source only.

Happy reading,

Todd.

------------------------------------

Major Plants:

April:

Plum
Damson
Cherry
Pear

May:

Apple
dandelion
hawthorn
sycamore

June:
blackberry
field beans
raspberry
sainfoin
white clover

July:
bell heather
blackberry
lime (basswood/linden)
white clover
willowherb

August:

bell heather
blackberry
ling heather
red clover (though I don't believe that A. Mellifera uses red clover in the
U.S.)
willowherb

Sep/Oct

Ling heather