From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:07:11 -0600
I used to pull honey from 100 hives using nothing more than a drafting brush,
and I know my detailed comments on this topic are in the archives, but to recap
the essential points:

* Work when the field bees are not home
* Work to one side and make sure the bees you
   brush off are not returning to the frames.
   They are not too happy to be brushed twice.
   Use an empty box to accept the bee-free frames.
* Shake bees off in advance where possible
* Make sure the brush (or whatever) is clean
   and soft at all times
* Brush *upwards*, not downwards where possible

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/