From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 16:47:36 -0800
> What part would bee breeding have in the increase in production?

  Good question Trevor!

I think that Pete and Dick are on the right track--we can't just look at
the US as a whole.  Better to pick single states or counties to compare
stocking rate vs time.

And Justin, I'm not trying to make the case that honey bees are the cause
of decline in native pollinators, indeed, as Dr Rachel Mallinger, the
author of the recent study, pointed out on her interview on NPR, the honey
bee, by being the poster child for pollinators, has encouraged the
conservation and/or planting of more pollinator-friendly landscapes.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA