From:
John A Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:27:01 -0500
my 2 cents worth below,

John A. Skinner           218 Ellington Hall
Extension Apiculturist    University of Tennessee
[log in to unmask]          Knoxville, TN  37901   (423)974-7138

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Tim Sterrett wrote:

>    I've just finished another round of treatment with Fumidil-B.
>     Does anyone have a trick for dissolving the Fumidil-B into water?
>     1.  When I mix Fumidil-B into water at about 100 degrees (F), it only
> dissolves slowly.  Much of the Fumidil-B has the consistency of floating
> grains of sand which I crush against the side of the container.  Is there a
> better way?

Tim, My understanding is that the carrier for fumadil -B is a talc
material that will not dissolve, therefore shaking for a long time will
still not clarify it.  Similar to other responses, I mix fumadil in a 2
cup measuring cup, adding the fumadil to "luke-warm water", not hot to the
touch and stir it for several minutes until I get tired, then add it to
sugar syrup and stir until it is mixed well.  Shaking a pint or quart
mason type jar with warm water and fumadil should also work well.

Grins, John