From:
Robert Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 11:56:39 -0500
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Joel W. Govostes wrote:

> Problem is, with all the slight variations, you can end up with not enough
> space or too much space between stories.  So the bees get crushed, or they
> fill the space with burr comb.
>
> ............  The degree of variation among the different manufacturers'
> hives was pretty remarkable.  So much for the "standard" hive.

My brother and I bought some new equipment in preparation for expansion
next year and discovered that the top bars and bottom bars don't match.
The cut-outs for the sides of the frames are almost 1/8" too close
together on the top bars...I found it a nuisance when putting these
together because I had to splay the sides out equally so one side wasnt
noticeably crooked...I wonder if the bees will mind...

I also discovered that a number of the super parts didn't fit in very well
either.
We had purchased mostly from another manufacturer before and found much
more accuracy in his hive parts...his were also more expensive. We thought
we were saving money, but you get what you pay for.

Rob
Ontario, Canada