From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:33:00 -0500
Hello Jim & All,

 Without a mix of types of victims
> (unaffected, suffering slightly, dead/disappeared),
> I don't see how anyone could call CCD a "pesticide
> problem", as the overt symptoms do not include a mix
> of different symptoms indicating varying levels of
> exposure among the hive population.

The classic CCD symptoms are exactly like a pesticide problem! Consider
the way a hive collects pollen. If the hive needs pollen then say 10% goes
to collect pollen. *If* those OLDER  foragers do not return (whatever
reason)then another 10% goes out. The scenario is repeated as the young
larva need pollen until all you have left is a hive filled with sealed
brood, larva , a few newly emerged bees and a queen. See pictures of CCD
at the CCD information site.

Why are the bees not returning?

Don't know! a guess would be they are dying on the way back *or* the
chemical in the pollen is throwing off their sense of direction. In
Florida a beekeeper saw his hives depopulated as above and found all his
bees either dead or dying in an area around 300 feet from his yard.

bob

--
believed to be clean.