From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:58:04 -0400
>I would like to see some more recent proof of this. I suspect most times,
>the larvae are from eggs laid by workers.

More recent,
Mark L. Winston. 1987. The Biology of the Honey Bee.
stating that bees will move larvae to make a queen

From Science Fiction to Science Facts,
Companion Study Guide to the Science
By C. B. Don -2005
If required, nurse honeybees can move a fertilized female
egg or larva from a hexagonal cell into a queen cell

>with all the experience on this list someone would have
>seen a worker carrying an egg or a larvae if it happens
>at all.

Thats a tall order.
However, I did find a statement in a bee journal that
stated 'no mortal has ever witnessed such an act.' LOL

But does one have to 'witness' an event to know
that it occurs?  We know from Mark Winstons
statement that bees can move a larvae to make a queen,
but in order to satisfy the requirements of sufficient proof,
it is not requisite that the event must be witnessed.

We must also, not neglect consideration that it may be a rare
event.  Or that ones bifocals spattered with sweat and
veil obscuring vision obscures many a detail which might
otherwise be detected.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle