From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2016 19:28:36 +0100
I have had it several times, have destroyed the bees and frames by fire
scorched the hive boxes, flamed the queen excluder (wired) and hive tools
etc.

Someone near me must have a colony or colonies with the infection. Read
Bailey and Ball Honey Bee Pathology for more details as to how the spores
infect the larva (which must be very young to become infected).

And there are  many beekeepers who cannot recognise the disease. Clive de
Bruyn used to boast that he had seen scale in the hives of many eminent
beekeepers.

Ruary