From:
Martin Braunstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Braunstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:44:42 -0600
Hi all,

The group of exporters members of the International Honey Exporters
Organisation (IHEO) have started a process of "laundering". Almost nobody
never heard of them but they felt the impact of my messages to this list.

In an attempt to gain both credibility and respect they are working on a web
page soon be launched into the Internet world. You may check this by
yourself visiting http\\:www.iheo.org

Although still under construction these guys realized they couldn't stay in
the shade and darkness any longer.

Hopefully (if I am not kidnapped or something like that) I will be able to
share with you their reports on honey trade. Just to give you an example
please read below their opinion on the US honey market (as per the Feb. 15
'99 report, please bear in mind prices are expressed into Metric Tons):

"USA (is not IHEO member, Canada gives this information)
Actual Price: U$S 1,200-1,400 FOB beekeeper; U$S 970 - 1,230 FOR 85 MM.
General comments: beekeepers holding for higher prices (hoping U$S 1,330 -
1,400) packers trying to push prices down or not buying at all. Packers
interest in imported honey is very low, they prefer to go day by day with
domestic purchases, only buying as they need something"

All in all the report consist of a market analysis of 13 more countries.

Regards.

Martin Braunstein
Queen Breeder & Exporter
Criador de Reinas y Exportador