From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:10:53 -0500
>>Many times I have heard people say that honey bees are protected,
exterminators aren't supposed to kill them, etc. Untrue.

> It's true that honey bees are unprotected by law but only foolish exterminators try to kill an established colony in a house structure.

>>Bees don't belong in your walls or attic and the quickest and
cheapest way to deal with them is to spray now.

> Oh, yeah?  Why now and not before?  Go ahead and spray.  But then you have to deal with the liability when the homeowner calls and yells that there is honey dripping from her chandelier and the ceiling and wall are stained.

Perhaps I was unclear. What I meant by NOW, is that the homeowner
should deal with it right away before the bees get established. Or at
least, get someone to do it right away. There are products on the
market that use detergent spray to avoid the poison issue. Homeowners
can deal with their own pest problems, I do. Exterminators should be
knowledgeable enough to do it, and have liability insurance as well.
Once the swarm is entrenched, a beekeeper will no doubt be required.
But try to find one who will do it. I agree that 300 to 500 bucks is
fair for a hive that has been there for more than a few weeks. And
that doesn't include repairing the wall.

> I can't believe I am reading this from Peter!

Well, sorry. I don't know everything