From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:06:40 -0400
>40+ is a lot of hives to have just caught in a non-AFB location.

Hello,

Whats a non-AFB location?

In these beekeeping times, it seems difficult
to communicate to others in non feral locations
just how abundant ferals are beginning to become
in other places.

It would be easy for me to do 40 plus
feral colonies, both trapped and removed
in a single season.

I am 'first referral' for bee removals by the
largest pest control company in my area,
covering 4 counties.  Even staying within
my part of Westmoreland PA county has kept
me very busy this season.

There is perhaps no other pest control
company that is more pro bee than the
one I do referrals for.  They would rather
loose the business than to kill honeybees.
The only way they will kill a colony is if I
refer the job back to them as an 'unrecoverable'
or 'dangerous' colony.

I have several removals lined up for next spring.
I do these in march-april, prior to the beginning of
the busiest month for removals in May.  June shapes
up to be the month I get the most bee tree calls,
-I suppose homeowners just dont notice bees in
trees till some time has passed.

I recently started working with a friend that
does tree removal service.  He'll take the bee
log to my place in trade for some beeswax, -and
thats a great deal for me!

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/FeralBeeProject/