From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2015 08:30:46 -0600
No.  For 2016 they can use treated seed on 50% of their growing area without doing anything at all.  If they want to use it on the other 50%, they have to complete a pest assessment report to justify the use of treated seat.  There are two methods of justification. 1) Soil pest scouting 2) Crop damage Assessment.  To qualify under crop damage they have to have a 15% loss in corn or 30% loss in soybean caused by pest.

For 2017, they will have to complete a pest assessment report for any use of treated seed.

There is free IPM training being offered to growers, for the 2017 growing season they will have to have completed this training to fill out the report.

Pondering this  it seems they pulled a rabbit out of a hat.  They managed from my perspective to find the only Lose/Lose situation possible.
Seed coated neonics are still be used (less acreage,  but in theory the same fields,  just one side.  And add back foliar sprays.  If the real concern was pollinators,  its seems there is a giant hole in the foot and blood will be pouring out shortly......

The real sad part if I am looking correctly  there will be no usable results to come from it.  Now instead of one pesticide,  we have gone back to several.  If the theory was sub lethal effects (as opposed to dead bees that can be tested) we added another variable to the situation.

Charles