From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:47:32 -0600
Glen B. Glater wrote:

> Does anyone know of a place called "Miraz" or something like that in
> New Hampshire or Vermont from which I can order bees?
>
> Both hives of mine died this winter (for unknown reasons) and I need
> to restart them.  I'm thinking that bees from NH or VT may be more
> cold hardy (although we've had a very mild winter this year...)

Glen -

Haven't heard of it but I could suggest someone else for "northern" bees. Give David
Eyre a holler at The Beeworks at: [log in to unmask]  He has those thick-skinned
bees, not bees that have been out rollerblading in Malibu. I've got a few queens on order
for this year from him.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey