Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:34:59 GMT
>Japanese knotweed... I wonder how many people are extracting and
selling this honey? How widespread is this honey plant?

There is quite a bit of it by me and I see a lot of wasps and
solitary bees on it.  Honey bees tend to focus on the larger stands
that have good sun exposure and soil moisture.  If Japanese knotweed
grows in the shade of trees, it will produce little or no nectar.

Although, along with purple loosestrife, Japanese knotweed provides a
helpful flow at this time of year, it's not prolific enough to
produce a surplus for me.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY