From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:53:11 -0400
I find about 80% of my customers can discern the difference between a packer grade and raw honey.

almost all of the 80% can also discern between 4 or 5 different varietals too.

organic is part religon, a feel good thing, know you are supporting a small entity thats easy on the
environment.

so much food is produced in a non-environmentally friendly way that organic is a reaction to that.

spend a day looking around the heartland of america and see the massive amounts of chems used
and the disgust of the inside of a pork feedlot. after a day in the field what educated person could
conclude that the industrial version of food production is the best we can do as a result of 100 years
of Ag technology?

its that realization that makes someone who can afford it pay $15 for a 10oz jar of organic honey
and support the organic concept. for a growing number of people its like sending $15 to support a
movement.