Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2010 05:28:17 -0700
I have used the Sundance pollen trap for just one season.  I live about 1/2 way between Montgomery and Mobile, Alabama.  The hive I placed the trap on was a pretty strong, mostly Italian colony.  The trap ran, as I recall, from about mid April to about mid June.  I got a stupendous amount of pollen.  I wasn't as diligent as I should have been and emptied the trap only about every seven to ten days (This I don't recommend from what I've read.)  I was very fortunate and found no mold or other stuff growing in the pollen I collected.  In fact, it was so clean that I was hard pressed to find any bee debris or material other than pollen in what I collected.  Being the first time I had done that, I was very proud of the product I collected.  I used all of it as a 1/3 part mixture in the preparation of pollen patties made up the following year.  BTW, I froze all the pollen and kept it frozen until used in the pollen patties.

Mike in LA