From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:13:28 -0500
> I think anyone selling Buckfast, Russians, NWC, SMR, Etc, or any number of
queens with a name other than their Latin name is possibly patented

> I think these names are registered trademarks: the names simply identify a
particular product.

* Animal Husbandry,   appropriate subclasses for methods and structures for
propagating, raising, and caring for animals, or other living, mobile
creatures, generally. Also, see the search notes therein for reference to
ancillary methods and structure.

* http://www.uspto.gov/go/classification/uspc449/defs449.htm

You can search at:

Trademark Electronic Search System(Tess)

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=lfpjhl.28.1

You will find trademarks for "New World Carniolans", "Buckfast", etc. and
also stuff like this one:

MITEY-VICTOR
Goods and Services
(ABANDONED)

agricultural machines for use by beekeepers comprised of metal fabricated
compartments and components for the purpose of physically removing varroa
mites from honeybees, resulting in healthy bees and reduced honeybee colony
mortality

Serial Number  78183405
Filing Date  November 8, 2002