Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 19:09:56 -0400
>> So, have you ever used Mitegone?

>No, but we made pads and soaked them with formic acid, laid them on top of the hives and evaluated them.

>I don't know if his pads differ significantly from the pads we used, or if it makes any difference.

Well, first of all they are not placed on top.  Second, there are pads and there are pads.  These only give off acid fumes over a small end surface -- if I understand correctly and use some sort of capillary action if I understand correctly.

Seems we are discussing and judging a product nobody here except Bill R. has used, and which none of us has actually  researched.

Well, almost none. Bill sent me a DVD and I did watch the entire thing.  It shows the product in detail and explains how the product works and why some other products, such as the ones you tried, have issues.  I also spent some time on the Mitegone website figuring trying to answer my questions.

At this point, I'm considering trying Mitegone, although, so far, with the bees I bought this spring, I have yet to see one varroa drop.

I'd like to hear from people who have used or even seen Mitegone in actual use.

Bill claims he has sold a large number of pads.