From:
Edward Sterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 15:08:37 -0400
I am just a backyard hobbyist, 2 hives. I am just getting
back into beekeeping, after a hiatus of 9 years. Does
the Varroa mite end up in extracted honey at all, i.e. dead
mites in the combs? If so, does the honey need to be carefully
filtered. In my earlier experiences (1981-1986), I would
filter out obvious large bits of flotsam, dead bees etc,
but never put my honey through a fine filter (i.e. 1 mm or less).
Is that now recommended? What would a hobbyist use? My honey
used to be so thick I cannot imagine it passing through a very
fine filter!

Thanks

Ed
Ed Sterling, GPCC       | ACTUAL quotes from my kids: "Daddy, hummingbirds
Bolton, MA 01740 USA    | help the bees put honey in the flowers!" "In the
Phone/FAX: 508-779-6058 | daytime, the sun melts the moon into cloudpieces!"
 "[log in to unmask]" | "A snowman makes the quietest sounds in the world"
http://www.ultranet.com/~ed => info about collecting toys from 1950s/60s/70s
such as playsets, Army toys, GI Joe, cowboy gun sets, building sets, etc!!