From:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:25:35 -0600
Hi Randy,

Apoligies accepted.  Like I said I agreed with the content of your post and we all need to as you said, work together in the future to make sure beekeepers across the country who can come to California are prepared and are up to meeting the demands of the growers in the future.   We really have to find a way to take care of them or things will not be good for either the almond or beekeeping industry.
I think Bob Harrison's recent post as to the motivations for this recent "train wreck"  are right on.   The growers and a couple of brokers, maybe one, simply said if youre going to price us a Cadillac, it better drive and smell like one and they well knew  we wouldn't really be delivering anything resembling such.  Problem is I don't know anyone personally that got $ 150.00.  Heard rumors that early contracts were signed at that level but things were being renegotiated downward.   Most beekeepers are good people and we aren't out to take advantage of anyone, but hey, we have to make this financially viable or it just don't work and that's the bottom line.   Thanks again,  Tim Tucker