From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:18:25 -0500
>> Is there any data to show what was in/on the plants in those hanging
>> baskets?

> Still waiting for that. There is a candidate.

I need to get ready as heading for the bee yards. Quick post!

dead bees around baskets is not new. Simply
 happens from using "merit" injected into the water system. Baskets are big
money makers in hoop greenhouses in my area. Imidacloprid is taken up in
blooms.

I have been asked about the problem by hoop greenhouse owners for years,

I use Imid on my bonsai trees but not on those which bloom. Works great!

Growers of baskets love the neonics!

We are not talking rocket science.

Few baskets come in from out of country! grandma grew her own baskets. Today
people pay $15-25 for a basket started with a small sprout. All its needs
given through the overhead sprinkler system.

I know of a bonsai seller which waters and sprays merit over three acres of
Bonsai trees in Florida.

I know of no solution to the problem other than knowing the problem exists.

bob