From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:06:08 -0400
This is a totally inefficient but ecologically sound way to do it. Just
sit outside their exit and shoot them down with a soapy water spray.

I had a problem with a weak hive and yellow jackets. I armed myself with
a spray bottle filled with 1 tsp Ivory dishwashing liquid in a quart of
water. It was a real life video game, killing off the bad guys while
sparing the good ones. It worked fine and took about an hour or so.
(Hate to say it but it was enjoyable fun. Had a narrow spray so it was
at least a bit sporting. Plus I was on the side of good against evil.)

If you have kids, arm them with soapy water spray guns and let them keep
score. ( Try it yourself, first. I stood rigth in the middle of the
yellow jackets, spraying them, with no problems.)

Most also know that a soapy water mix is also excellent for killing an
in ground (where they usually are) yellow jacket colony.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine