From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 13:55:11 GMT
At 03:18 PM 2/24/96 -0800, you wrote:
>James :
>
>A study done by Martha Gilliam and Robert Argauer in 1975 (ABJ 115 : 230-234)
>reported that Terramycin in extender patties is stable at brood nest
>temperatures for at least 11 weeks.  I'm not sure if 1/2 a patty is
>enough of a treatment though.  Someone else might be able to answer that.
>
>Adony Melathopoulos
>Simon Fraser University
>Vancouver, British Columbia
>CANADA

You could be right about '1/2 a patty not enough'. However, it could well
depend upon the size of a 'patty' and the concentration of active ingredient
in the 'Patty'.  I don't raise this issue to be picky but to lead up to
another question.

I would be interested in comparing recipies and patty sizes. Unfortunately
my recipe is at the Honey House but i will send it along in the next few
days.  Meanwhile, if a few members could provide recipies and doses it would
be most interesting.

Eric
Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada