From:
Lou Daveri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:54:05 +1030
We made a similar mistake. No LEMONGRASS OIL available locally, so friend
bought some, labelled as lemon-grass but it had that unmistakeable
citronella smell. We were later able to buy another brand of lemongrass
essential oil which smelled like lemon! Your post explains why the
citronella was labelled as lemongrass - thanks.

The citronella-lemongrass oil did not work at all, and we were sure it kept
the bees away from the trap hive, as it does mosquitoes and flies.

The lemony lemongrass oil works a treat. Just put a few drops on the landing
board of the trap hive. We swear by it.

Don't trust the label. Always uncap the essential oil bottle and waft the
scent towards your nostrils. Not a good idea to take a direct sniff of any
strong odours. If the shop keeper wont allow you to uncap before purchase,
try another outlet. Our 15ml bottle cost over $16au - too expensive to buy
the wrong smell!

Louisa
Bugga-Bugga Creek Apiary
Kangaroo Island