From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 13:23:22 -0700
Thanks, Robert Barnett, for your comments on my post about plastic
foundation.  I once was called to help a beginner who had bought new
boxes with foundation and with packages of bees.  He had, without
intention, pushed all the frames to one side, shoulder to shoulder.
The bees had drawn 11 combs in the hive!  I always space my ten
frames of wax foundation evenly when hiving swarms and they always
draw them out just right.

In the case I wrote about just now, the four frames of plastic
foundation were inserted as two pairs within the preexisting 6 frames
of old comb containing honey and/or brood.     Dan