Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 01:18:41 -0500
> colonies do not fail or succeed based on singular reasons.

Oh I wish, I wish
But there is another reason, I am a poor BK
If you ignore sick bees for months, then the result is predictable
4+ months later, early November, of 15+2, 4+1 had left,
presently 5+2 absconds   (hives+nucs)

Most left a full super or more. There was some robbing

1 nuc and 1 hive had barren brood, all the rest had typical
fall ccd brood, mostly coloured pupae to emergent.
Mostly 1000+ (dead brood) per hive, over 5-6 frames

One absconded while I was there, I did not witness it,
it happened over 2 days but this may have been the end
(did not inspect, didn't have lit smoker, seemed to have
3 or more seams, then empty except for dead brood)
Later the other nuc went, also left brood

I took photos, if anyone is interested, off list
Samples too, I do not recommend this

5 years now, I would have hoped for better

Dave