From:
David Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 May 1998 20:20:02 -0400
I bought a starter kit 2 weeks ago and installed my package of bees 5 days
ago. I am fasinated.  I would like starter hints, and especially like to
meet other bee keepers in my area.
I have read Delaplane's book and Dadant's, but I don't feel like I know
nearly enough.  Delaplane said that apiaries have to be registered with the
county extension agent.  I called the county extension agent and asked who
keeps bees in Lowndes County (Valdosta), GA, and he said that there are no
bee keepers in Lowndes County.  This is unbeleivable.  Hahira, also in
Lowndes County, has an annual honey bee festival.  I know you guys are out
there and would like to talk to some of you and learn how to manage my
first of several?? hives.