From:
Stephen Bambara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1992 10:20:26 EST
	The California Department of Food and Agriculture is requesting
proposals from qualified public and private research entities to do
specific research on Africanized Honey Bee topics.  Up to $100,000
renewable dollars are available.
	Since I can't type that well, I'll summarize the objectives:

	Develop commercial bee stocks free of Africanization
	Develop selective breeding, instrumental insemination,
		methods for analyzing mitDNA and nucDNA, new
		agric. techniques, etc.

	Proposals due by April 28, 1992!  Call Robert Roberson
at (916) 654-1391 for the complete information.

	This might be an opportunity for Deborah or Susan or some of
you other high powered scientists.