From:
Beekeeperc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 19:03:37 EST
Tere,
Here is one of the many formulas that I have.

ULTRA-RICH SKIN CREAM
2 1/2 oz (weight) beeswax
2/3 cup baby oil
1 tsp borax (sodium borate, C.P.)

4 oz (weight) anhydrous lanolin
3/4 cup water
Fragrant essential oil (optional)

Chemically pure borox, which is required for cosmetics, is sold by drug
stores.  In a microwave or double boiler melt the oil, lanolin and beeswax to
160 degrees F.
Heat the borax and water in a separate container to 160 degrees F.  Be sure
the borax is dissolved and the wax is melted.  Add the water mixture to the
oil mixture while stirring briskly.  When white cream forms, stir slowly until
the mixture cools to 100 degrees F.  Pour it into small wide-mouth jars.

Tere, I have many others for you.  Tomorrow I'll be mailing you the Kerkhoff
Hive information along with the family photos that I promised.  I'll send you
the other formulas that I have.

Norm