From:
Scott Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 09:17:19 -0800
Gabe - You didn't indicate the condition of the dying bees - what was their
behaviour?  Did you see any DWV?  You didn't mention any mite treatments.
Are you monitoring for mite yet?  It might be a good idea to take an
alcohol was from both to see what they are at.

Not sure about the moss.

Here in No. CA I have notice only a few young bees with DWV outside of my
two hives this month (after treating with OA in early Jan) but the colonies
are getting stronger and beginning to build up and are drawing comb out
already.  Our nights are still cool (high 30s to mid 40s) with due and fog
some nights/mornings and I am avoiding installing screens until nights get
into the high 40s in an effort to keep the damp cold away from the colony.

Scott Ball
Livermore, CA