From:
DAVID ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:59:50 -0500
I guess I deleted my first send. This subject relies heavy on opinion,and beekeepers seem to have more than normal folks.
 I've got a little over 800 or 900 since they became available to here. I've had no different luck ,good or bad with them. I did have CCD in 2006??? but I can't blame it on them no more than anything else. I haven't been overly at awe with any queens of recent years from anyone.
 I will purchase more if needed ,so I guess that means something.I'm still a Parks fan,and also got some good queens from Homan's in Missisippi over the years.
  As far as needing to import, when I need queens ,I'd buy USA produced if you could get them. I don't always know when i'm going to have unexpected losses and need more queens than normal. Maybe the USA queen breeders have caught CCD themselves and are disappearing more rapidly,but you can't get on a list without it being 6 months or longer ahead of time.
  It seems like just supply and demand,and I personaly would like to see more genes injected into our closed little bee pool from other regions anyway,so I'm glad in that respect.
  I can call Weaver's and have queens in my reach in 2 weeks or less each time so far,I don't know of any USA guys able to do that in the busy season anymore.

Ive got to add something at the end that  I always liked seeing years back,and reading the posts with it. Its really pretty true about beekeepers in more than one way(lol) and see how many  Bee-L er's are old timers

"where there are friuts and nuts there are beekeepers"