Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:58:26 -0400
Mike,
I am located in  scenic Bucks County, PA. about a mile east of the village
of Point Pleasant. This was the site of a ferry across the Delaware River to
New Jersey. Hence the earlier names of Black's and Pearson's Ferry. The
south end was also known as Lower Black Eddy. To answer the obvious:  Upper
Black Eddy is about 8 miles north across from the N.J. village of
Frenchtown.
    We are about 35 miles north of Philadelphia. Our climate zone follows a
line just south of the Blue Ridge, with temps very similar through mid to
southern  Virginia.
  I provide all the extra information because I enjoy cultural geography,
and welcome hearing about others' local points of interest.
  Mike, I've just reread most of your posts and find them thoughtful,
informative, and clearly coming from a desire to advance the cause of
beekeepers and beekeeping. Also we are in tune with a lot of perspectives,
particularly early fall requeening and northern stock development. In fact,
I am banking on making a living from this philosophy. I'm gittin' er done,
as I trust time will show.
  As soon as I can afford the equipment for I.I. I can begin to solidify my
desired traits into a reliable line-or actually several lines to control
inbreeding. In the meantime I am accumulating top quality stock and letting
them sew their wild oats. So far, nearly every colony exhibits its own
"personality" so I will have an interesting time determining best breeding
choices.
Hope you have a superior bee year.
Tim