From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:16:40 -0500
George Imirie wrote:
> Formic Acid gel, APICURE, was formulated by Bob Stevens of
> BETTERBEE, Inc in Greenwich, N. Y.
To pick more nits this morning, gel formic came out of Beltsville Bee Lab in

Maryland.  The name most linked to the product was H.R. Shimanuki.  Bob
Stevens
carried the ball to bring the product from the laboratory to the
marketplace.
Apicure is the product name and company that markets gel formic.  Bob's
trials
and tribulations to satisfy EPA are of epic proportion.  Packaging the
product
continues to be a matter of consternation.

> We all hope that this problem will be
> corrected quickly.
Having tried the product I can agree wholeheartedly with this statement.
If/when
the packaging issues are resolved, gel formic will be a very effective tool
in
controlling BOTH tracheal and varroa mites.

Aaron Morris - thinking we all owe Bob Stevens continued support and a round
of applause!