Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:11:14 GMT
From: Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>

>I had personal communications with Dr. Erickson on this and he told me that while the cell size appeared to have some effect, it was easier and more effective to breed varroa tolerant bees, and no equipment needed to be changed,

Two thoughts:

1.  Dr. Erikson certainly seems to hold that belief (since sometime after 1989)...however, I don't see that it has any impact on the historical record that he documented and spoke about as to the size of the feral bees in Arizona in 1989.

2.  If it is easier and more effective to breed  varroa tolerant bees, where are they all?

deknow