From:
Todd Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2018 06:01:23 -0400
> < I'd love to see a series of "Point/Counterpoint" articles in ABJ,
> with two knowledgeable beekeepers or researchers discussing current
> topics.  Perhaps Kirsten and Randy would agree to start it off by
> discussing the topic that caused the recent kerfuffle (which I've
> yet to read, come on, Canada Post, move it!).
>
> Other topics which have caused controversy on this list recently are
>   - are beekeepers anti-farming?
>   - commercial queen rearing practices, quality of queens . >

I don't think your idea is scary at all.  I'm a high school Advanced
Placement Biology teacher and an online group I follow has also started
discussing this.  We did so because of a couple of publications that did
exactly that.

https://dynamicecology.wordpress.com/2018/04/30/poll-results-heres-what-our-readers-think-about-some-of-the-most-controversial-ideas-in-ecology/
and
https://ecoevoevoeco.blogspot.com/2018/06/part-1-controversial-ideas-in.html?m=1

We are discussing it for exactly the reasons you proposed.

Todd Ryan
Hudson, MA