Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2012 23:29:58 -0400
 > AHB had the advantage of filling
 > a void created by the decimation
 > of EHB from varroa.  As EHB develop
 > resistance, do you think they may
 > become competitive or dominate
 > over the AHB?

Again, assuming that we can define AHB, which we cannot IMO,
it has been shown that in the Tucson area at least, in crosses,
the 'African' genetics tend to dominate.

I am not sure that we should really care if the bees are good bees.
I doubt we really have the resources to distinguish most of the time,
then there is the debate about what came when.  It is not clear-cut.

 > Which major crash are you referring too?
 > The more recent one where Dee was said
 > to suspect CCD, or the Varroa related
 > crash of the 90's?  Or was there even
 > an earlier incident which would be 3
 > crashes?

I have not paid much attention to the recent history. I am referring
to the period before I wrote the 2002 Bee Culture articles about Lusbys
which included some of the pictures I offered here recently.

Lusbys went through two crashes and two downsizings that I know about
before and around the time of the AHB invasion in Tucson as I recall.

I suggest going to http://www.bee-l.org and doing an advanced search
for "Lusby".  Sort by Date/Time. (not Date/Time, desc.)

(That should keep everyone busy for a while).